Thursday, January 17, 2019

Low Carb & Keto Mirowave Omelet Ready in 3 Minutes

I stumbled upon this low-carb, keto omelet this week, and I’ve made it four times already, which should tell you that it’s delicious! I didn’t know that making an omelet in the microwave was possible. These omelets are so this creamy and delicious. And, it’s wonderful that this ready is in three minutes- start to finish.

I love that you can change the ingredients in this to make many an endless amount of different varieties. This week I’ve used white cheddar, pepper jack, and habenero cheese. I’ve also added bacon bits, which was filling and delish. Soon I think I’ll try chorizo, Swiss cheese, and ham.


Ingredients:


  • 2 eggs
  • 1 oz cheddar, jalapeno, or pepperjack cheese, cut into pieces
  • 1 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces


Instructions:


  1. Spray a micro-wave safe cereal bowl with non-stick spray.
  2. Crack two eggs into the bowl, and whisk with a fork.
  3. Add cheeses.
  4. Microwave 1 minutes. Stir to blend egg and cheese.
  5. Microwave 1 more minute, or until it puffs up, sort of like a souffle.
  6. Add variety to this recipe by adding bacon bits, cooked sausage, ham pieces, and different flavors of cheese.


Source: theginghamapron.com